Looking for cleaning hacks for pet owners? Here it is!
Having pets inside our home surely adds joy. We all love to have an extra buddy running around or just staying on the corners of the house. We all love them, but you sure don’t love the mess of home pet-owning. Fur, dirt, stains, and bad odors are the usual consequences of owning a pet. But loving them unconditionally means that you also have to live with these problems.
Worry no more, as there are still so many ways on how to get rid of this trouble with our furry and cute home buddies. All you have to do is to be more patient and check as we share our cleaning hacks for pet owners.
1. Eliminate the Extra Fur.
First on the cleaning hacks for pet owners is removing our pet’s extra furs! Having a cat or a dog leaves the house with an unlimited supply of fur everywhere. The number one remedy is to eliminate the fur. Not with our fixtures, but on our cute pet themselves. We can get away with their shedding by doing a fur vacuum process straight off among our pets. It will be more efficient and more effective than using the traditional pet brush. Using a vacuum also helps our pets to get rid of dead skin and allergens. It might be hard at first since animals might be afraid of the vacuum. But you can still use positive reinforcement by giving them a treat every time you do the process.
This is the process wherein we use specialized vacuum suction to help our cats and dogs get rid of their shedding furs. By doing it on hand, it will decrease up to 64% of the fur sheddings left inside our homes. The extra time utilized to clean the house could be spent on some more activities with our pets instead.
2. Fur cleaning among our fixtures.
Given that our animals are uncomfortable with the vacuum process, then leave it there. This leaves the job to us. We’ve got no choice but to clean our sofas, pieces of furniture, and carpets from their hairs. To make it easier, it is advisable to use lint rollers or adhesive tapes to make the hair picking easier. This is advisable for cloth-covered fixtures like the sofa and beds. While on the floor, it is more advisable to use microfiber mops rather than using vacuum cleaners. As it will leave more marks and scratches which may also result in vacuum repairs. Vacuums should only be used if you are picking up hairs from home pieces like carpets and rags.
3. Urine Stench and Stain Removal.
As a responsible pet parent, it is also your task to secure a urine litter for your pets. But the downside is that our pets don’t always obey the rules. So you still have to live with the stench that their urines leave inside the house. So to get rid of this, all you need is a baking soda solution.
- For urine litter, all you have to do is to add at least two tablespoons inside the litter to neutralize the smell.
- For pet beds, sprinkle a handful of baking soda. Let it sit there for a few hours until the odor is gone. Then as the final step, you can now vacuum it to get away with the allergic reactions from the particles left.
For stains: Our pets would go back to the places where they have left their urine stains. It will be their usual urinating spot in the future. So to get rid of these stains, baking soda is still the solution.
- Just add two tablespoons of baking soda with a 250 ml. vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Use this to spray the stained areas.
- Leave it for around 30 minutes to one hour to ensure that the stains will be eliminated.
- Once no traces of the stain, or even of the odor left, you can now wipe it off with a paper towel.
Note: Just make sure that our animals are away from the cleaning process, as baking soda might cause some allergic reaction among our pets.
4. Purifying the air.
Next on our list for cleaning hacks for pet owners is purifying the air! Keeping up with a fresh-smelling air inside the home while having any kind of animal inside the home is also a challenge. As no matter how hard you clean, there are smells that are still left inside the house. The best hack to get rid of this is by purifying the air. There are available air purifiers on the market, but you could still do some home hacks which are safer and more affordable.
- Orange or any citrus peelings. This hack surely adds a fresher scent with the air we breathe inside our homes. The citrusy smell leaves a deodorizing effect. You could also use this as a shoo-ing agent with our pets. You can put citrus peelings on the prohibited spots in the house for our pets. Cats and dogs don’t like the citrus smell. So if you don’t want them to pee or stay in a certain spot, throw an exact amount of citrus peelings in there.
- Lavender. This plant is widely known for its relaxing scent. But keeping a lavender spray does not only purify the air. You can also use this spray to keep our pets calm. At times that our pets are extremely active or anxious, you can calm them down by spraying lavender oil in the air
But as a common habit, it is always good to open the windows or airways to keep the air purified and properly circulating inside the house.
5. Installing pet-friendly gears.
In a house where the pet lives, it is also important to install our pet fixtures. These include the pet mats and covers which are essential to protect our couches and other types of furniture from dirt and stains that our pets might bring. Pet mat and covers are little installations thatto we could put on top of the sofa, which could be easily removed once it gets dirty. It could also be used as a placemat for dog and cat feeders. It can catch spills from our pet’s Munchies. You don’t need extra cleaning powers, as all you have to do is to remove the mat and keep the dirt away. You can also buy a pre-made litter box where your cats or dogs can put their junks.
These are very investments as it does not only make the life of our pets cool. It also saves the pet owner a lot of conveniences. Be it with keeping up with the order and even with the cleanliness inside the home.
6. Getting rid of appliance and furniture scratches.
Keeping up with pets means keeping up with their nails. This one of the cleaning hacks for pet owners to make the difference! And as they play around inside the house it is inevitable that fixtures get scratched.
- One of the most commonly scratched appliance in our homes are those tall stainless steel appliances. Examples are the refrigerator and ovens. These appliances are the easiest to reach among our pets. So to get rid of the scratches it is a hack to use a toothpaste and a soft towel to wipe off the scratches.
- Next, are the leather types of furniture like the sofa, couch, and others. If these get scratched you can use a combination of organic oils and polish. Wipe your leather using this combination by soft tissue. Right after you can apply heat by running over iron on low heat over the affected area.
- The next victim is the wall. It is useful to spray an acrylic paint lining among our walls. This serves as a protective film in our indoor paints. It also makes the wall resistant to any scratches caused by any means
No matter how hard it is to keep up with the pets we have at home, there are still many hacks to fix these problems. Always remember that a happy pet, makes a happy owner, and vice versa.